Position: Senior Protection Officer
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
The Senior Protection Officer leads and coordinates SN protection team with the objective of providing timely and effective protection to persons of concern, as well as supervising protection interventions. The incumbent must be able to lead the development of a protection strategy that is solutions-oriented and based on a consultative process with multi-functional teams and partners. The incumbent must also have the ability to establish protection objectives.
1. Supervise and coordinate mapping of population
2. Needs assessment of PoC
3. Screening of protection related cases
4. Develop a protection response plan (social/ legal plan)
5. Provide legal advice and guidance on protection issues to persons of concern;
6. Ensure legal assistance is accessible to persons of concern;
7. Liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documents to persons of concern (civil documentation)
8. Manage or refer individual protection cases accordingly, to the competent actors
9. Monitor and report to incidents and issues related to the culturally sensitive placement/cohabitation of hosted population to site management support (SMS).
10. Promote confidence building and conflict resolution among persons of concern, authorities, and host communities.
11. Debrief and consult field teams on protection issues daily, making direct contact with persons of concern, host communities, local authorities, and partners.
12. Protection team reports back in accordance to their respective reporting line.
13. Support persons of concern to develop structures that enhance their participation and protection.
14. Identify protection gaps and interventions and refers accordingly
University degree in Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field.
3- 5 years of experience and minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience in the refugee/migration/humanitarian field with Advanced University/Masters Degree
Excellent knowledge of English.
Desirable qualifications and skills for all positions
Commitment to help persons of concern and willingness to cooperate with counterparts.
Understanding of protection principles and humanitarian framework
Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting
Experience of working with persons of concern
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected]
mentioning in the email subject “SN Senior Protection Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Not later than by Monday 20 of March 2017
Δημοσιεύτηκε στην ιστοσελίδα: www.seepeaa.gr
και Σεεπεαα www.seepeaa.gr στο Facebook